matching platinum and grey gold wedding bands, artisan hand forged
- Platinum 950 and 18k grey gold
- Larger band: 8mm x 1.75mm, moderate comfort fit
- Smaller band: 5mm x 1.75mm, moderate comfort fit
- Flat profile with ergonomic fit
- Satin finish (or polished)
- check here for current lead time
- Please contact us for customization
These artisan hand forged wedding bands are comprised of 2/3 platinum 950 and 1/3 18k grey gold. Simple in form, the bands are made with an ergonomic profile, which keeps the rings from catching on things and spinning on the finger. The gold is solid, not plated, and will retain its unique greyish / brownish hue forever.
Forging jewelry from molten platinum is rarely done anymore, now that pre-formed ring stock is available for purchase, but these rings will be made from scratch. Dan will pour two ingots — one of platinum 950 and one of 18k grey gold. He then will hard roll the metals, solder them together, and finish the rings to your preference. And because the metal is cold worked, hand forged bands like these are denser and stronger than bands that are cast.
Please let us know if you would prefer rings with a regular profile (rather than ergonomic).
Learn more about Dan here.
Read a smattering of our fabulous feedback here.
Thank you for visiting!