21k gold wedding bands – hand forged wedding rings
- 21k gold
- Larger band: 4mm x 2mm, comfort fit
- Smaller band: 2mm x 2mm, comfort fit
- Flat profile
- Waterfall hammering with hammered beveled edges
- Polished finish (or satin)
- Made to order in 4-6 weeks, depending upon the length of our queue
- Please contact us for customization
Crafted of 21k gold, these comfort fit bands are more durable than 22k or 24k gold, but still retain a beautiful rich yellow glow. Dan likes to work in 21k gold because the color is nearly the same as that of 22k gold, but 21k gold “takes a polish better,” as he says.
These matching bands will hand-rolled from a single ingot of 21k yellow gold that Dan has alloyed and poured himself. And because the metal is cold worked, hand forged bands like this one are denser and stronger than bands that are cast. The larger band pictured is crafted from hand-milled stock that is 4mm wide and 2mm thick; the smaller band, from hand-milled stock that is 2mm wide and 2mm thick.
These bands are hammered in our “waterfall” style, the effect of which tends toward a ripple of light rather than the multi-directional scatter of light created by hammering in typical bands. The textured bevel creates sparkle in other directions for added dimension.