matching platinum wedding bands – his hers platinum rings
- Platinum 950
- Larger band: 7mm x 2mm, comfort fit
- Smaller band: 5mm x 1.75mm, moderate comfort fit
- Smaller band: (1) .05ct SI/G-H diamond flanked on either side by (1) .02ct SI/G-H diamond
- Flat profile (ergo shown on smaller band)
- Center: pebble hammering, satin finish
- Edges: polished and beveled
- Milgrain dividers
- Made to order in 4-6 weeks, depending upon the length of our queue
- Please contact us for customization
Entirely hand forged, these lovely rings are classic and elegant, but with a modern twist. Each is hammered in the center, with the option of an ergonomic (finger shaped) profile. Both are comfort fitted. The pebble hammering style is shown, but you may choose any of our hammering styles.
The larger band is crafted of hand milled stock that is 7mm wide and 2mm thick. The smaller band is of stock that is 5mm wide and 1.75mm thick. These bands have been formed from the same source of molten platinum, which is nice for those of you who are as sentimental as we are!
Dan has flush-set three diamonds on the top of the smaller band — a .05ct diamond with two .02ct diamonds in supporting roles. With an ergonomic profile, the ring stays in place & doesn’t spin, meaning that the diamonds will always be on top.
Your rings will be made from scratch: Dan will pour an ingot of platinum, hard roll it, and finish it to your preference. Because the metal is cold worked, hand forged bands like this one are denser and stronger than bands that are cast.
Platinum has an extremely high melting point (3236 degrees F), so working with raw platinum requires a big torch, dark glasses, and lots of fire. We use an alloy that is 95% platinum and 5% ruthenium for our platinum jewelry.
This listing’s price covers bands up to size 7 for the smaller band, and ring size 7.25-10 for the larger band. For ring sizes outside of this window, please contact us for pricing.